White Chocolate Pistachio Cupcakes
FOR THE CUPCAKES:
1 box yellow cake mix
1 box pistachio pudding mix
4 large eggs
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon almond flavor
FOR THE FROSTING:
4 sticks butter, sliced
4 cups white chocolate chips
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup unshelled pistachios, chopped (optional)
1 jar of maraschino cherries (optional)
- Add butter and white chocolate to a large saucepan. Melt on low heat, stirring constantly, until well-combined. Chill in refrigerator until mixture is solid. Remove prior to baking and allow mixture to soften.
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF and add 24 liners to your cupcake tins.
- Using a paddle attachment or traditional beaters, combine cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, and sour cream.
- Add pudding mix, water, and almond flavor. Mix until smooth and uniform in color, scraping down the sides of your mixing bowl as needed.
- Fill cupcake liners almost 2/3 full. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean. Remove from pan after 2-3 minutes and cool completely on rack before frosting. If you've chosen to use pistachios, the baking period is the perfect time to shell and chop.
- Scoop white chocolate mixture into a mixing bowl and beat for 2 minutes or until fluffy. Add shortening and beat another 2 minutes until well-combined.
- Frost cupcakes with your favorite piping tip (we're using an Ateco closed star, size 9.)
- Sprinkle with chopped pistachios and top with a maraschino cherry for a picture-perfect finish.