IRISH CREAM CUPCAKES
FOR THE CUPCAKES:
1 box devil's food cake mix
3 large eggs
1 stick of butter, melted
1 cup Guinness Extra Stout
FOR THE FILLING:
11 oz. bag of caramel bits
3 tbsp. Baileys Irish Cream
FOR THE FROSTING:
2 sticks butter, room temperature
1 tbsp. meringue powder
1/4 cup Baileys Irish Cream
4 cups powdered sugar
3 tbsp. shortening
1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF and line your cupcake pan.
- Using a paddle attachment or traditional beaters, combine cake mix, butter, and Guinness. Add eggs one at a time and mix until well-combined, scraping down the sides of your bowl as needed.
- Fill cupcake liners with 1/4 cup batter. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean. Allow cupcakes to cool 2-3 minutes in pan, then move to rack to cool completely.
- Using a cupcake corer or knife, remove the center of each cupcake and discard the cores.
- In a microwave-safe dish, pour 3 tbsp. of Bailey's Irish Cream over 1 bag of caramel bits. Heat for 40 seconds and stir. Heat and stir at 15 second intervals until your ingredients are melted and well-combined. Allow 5 minutes to slightly cool.
- Using a piping bag fitted with a circular tip, fill each cupcake about 2/3 full with your "Dulce de Baileys" mix.
- Dissolve the meringue powder into the 1/4 cup Baileys Irish Cream and set aside.
- Using a paddle attachment or traditional beaters, cream together your butter, salt, and shortening. Mix in half your powdered sugar and half of your meringue mixture at low speed until combined. Scrape down your bowl and mix in the remainder of your ingredients. Begin mixing at a low speed for roughly 30 seconds (until dry ingredients are incorporated), then mix on high for about 2 minutes until frosting is nice and fluffy.
- Frost cupcakes using a piping bag fitted with your favorite tip and enjoy!