RASPBERRY WHITE CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
FOR THE CUPCAKES:
1 box vanilla cake mix
1 stick of butter, melted
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. almond extract
3 large eggs
FOR THE FILLING:
1 jar raspberry pastry filling
FOR THE FROSTING:
4 sticks butter, sliced
4 cups white chocolate chips
4 tbsp. shortening
24 fresh raspberries, washed
10 honey graham cracker squares (optional)
- Add butter and white chocolate to a large saucepan. Melt on low heat, stirring constantly, until well-combined. Chill in refrigerator until mixture is solid. Remove prior to baking and allow mixture to soften.
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF and add 24 liners to your cupcake tins.
- Using a paddle attachment or traditional beaters, combine cake mix, butter, sour cream, vanilla, and almond at low to medium speed for about 30 seconds. Add eggs one at a time and mix well, scraping down the sides of your mixing bowl as necessary. Beat on high speed for an additional 2 minutes, or until batter is thick and fluffy.
- Fill cupcake liners with 1/4 cup batter. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean. Allow cupcakes to cool 2-3 minutes in pan, then move to rack to cool completely.
- Using a cupcake corer or knife, remove the center of each cupcake. Using a piping bag with a round tip, fill each cavity with your raspberry pastry filling.
- Frost cupcakes with your favorite piping tip (we've used a Wilton 1M).
- Add honey graham crackers to food processor and chop until finely ground. Sprinkle your honey graham crumbs over your frosting and top each cupcake with a fresh raspberry.